Tales of the Cocktail is now less than a week away. I thought I would post my likely schedule. If you are going to be attending some of the same sessions then do say hello.
- Arrive early evening and have a drink in the Carousel Bar at the Hotel Monteleone. There I hope to run into Jay Hepburn of Oh Gosh! Go for dinner some place.
- Try to get up early enough to explore New Orleans in the morning.
- 2.00pm – Toast to Tales of the Cocktail
- 4:30pm – Bloggers Reception
- 7.30pm – Save the Daiquiri Party
- 10.30am – To Have and Have Another: The Hemingway Bartender’s Companion
- 12.00pm – A bit of a toss up between Juniperlooza and Bourbon, Blues and Bluegras
- 2.30pm – Cognac and Armagnac: Understanding the nuances of the Spirits (this is a spirit I am very ignorant about so it should be interesting).
- 4.30pm – Haven’t quite decided, but possibly Latino Libations.
- 5.30 pm – Cocktail Hour
- 8.00 pm – Spirited Dinner at The Delichaise.
- 10.30am – Amore, Amari
- 12.30pm – Rum, Ron, Rhum
- 2.30pm – History of Liqueurs
- 4.30pm – Impossible to choose here! All four sessions look so interesting: Cocktails of the Old Raj; Essential Guide to American Whiskey, Rye Nation, and Sensory Perception in Mixology. I guess I’ll just decide at the last minute or something.
- 8.00pm – I may check out Rum and all that Jazz. On the other hand I may just go for a wander out on the town.
- 10.30am – The Cafes of Paris
- 12.30pm – History of Herbsaint (though the egg session also looks interesting)
- 4.30pm – Making your own cocktail ingredients
- 6pm – Possibly the Tiki party or maybe just check out the town.
- 10.30am – The Gentleman’s Companion: The life and times of Charles A Baker
- 12.30pm – The Flowing Bowl: A history of punch
- 5pm – Wormwood Society absinthe soiree
Head on to the Caribbean